Our workforce is our most precious resource, so we should invest in their health! After all, absence due to sickness costs over £13 billion every year which inevitably hits our bottom line, hard.
Definition of Occupational Health:
"To promote and maintain the physical, mental and social wellbeing of all staff". The World Health Organisation.
Occupational health studies the effect of work on health and health on work. It concentrates on employee performance, suitability, fitness, wellbeing, and safety issues linked to health at work.
- Employers are required by law to protect employee health at work.
- Sickness absence costs UK PLC more than £13billion each year.
- As many as 80% of UK business currently provide no or insufficient OH.
- The increasing trend for litigious action against employees has resulted in a wave of employment litigation adding to employers risk burden.
- Healthy and effective workers are more productive.
- Effective OH provision can save employers significant expense.
Click here to download Occupational Health Assistance for Employers
Click here to download How to Find and Choose an OH Provider