To support membership we continue to organise block discounts for insurance, recruitment services, training and consumables. The Board has set up working groups, each led by a Director, with an end goal to make membership pay for itself. We will continue to offer members free seminars on subjects of interest. We will repeat our popular series on VAT and OH services.
COHPA 2015 Priorities
We have identified four key and immediate priorities which were unanimously agreed on the 18th February and are already being implemented:
1. Identify and appoint a clinical Board member – a request for nominations will be issued very soon
2. COHPA website to be refreshed and updated. Once this activity is completed, arrangements will be implemented to ensure it is always updated
3. Complete an external audit of the COHPA accounts
4. Procure an appropriate CRM system to securely and accurately maintain members contact details.
We recently asked members to complete a short survey to tell us what your priorities were for COHPA. Your top three requests were that COHPA provide you with information and knowledge sharing, promotion and business development opportunities and support with achieving standards (SEQOHS). We have listened to your feedback and our medium term priorities, three to six months, are to:
1. Issue a COHPA recommended Code of Conduct for all OH providers that will include recommended standards for the handling, storage and transfer of medical records. A Sub-committee led by Tom Grant has been established specifically for this project
2. Arrange our next networking/education event on the 17th June, at Excel during IOSH Expo 2015 during Health and Safety Week; Speaker details will be confirmed shortly
3. Repeat our AGM in September, again with multiple speakers invited to educate and inspire members
4. Look at ways to increase PSBs and business opportunities, possibly by COHPA subscribing on members behalf to tender websites – this is currently under investigation.
In the longer term, 12-18 months, we would like to build a succession plan for future Board members and ensure the continuity of COHPA, whilst ensuring all areas of the UKs OH and Wellbeing providers are equally represented.
Our aims are clear – we want to provide all members with value. Our new management team, Deb and Wendy, are here to support you. Please get in touch with them, provide them with your feedback, ideas and suggestions. We are all committed to COHPA – to ensure that it is recognised as the UK’s leading Association for networking, information sharing and securing business opportunities for all aspects Occupational Health and Wellbeing.