To support membership we continue to organise block discounts for insurance, recruitment services, training and consumables. The Board has set up working groups, each led by a Director, with an end goal to make membership pay for itself. We will continue to offer members free seminars on subjects of interest. We will repeat our popular series on VAT and OH services.
COHPA are proud to support Health and Safety week 2015!
COHPA are delighted to be one of the supporting Associations for Health & Safety Week 15-19th June 2015. This year is very relevant for ALL Occupational Health Providers, so please show them your support!
This year focuses on Protecting Worker Health and aims to raise awareness of the occupational health challenge and educate, inform both SMEs and our traditional health and safety professional audience.
As always the week strives to raise awareness of the excellent work UK Health and Safety professionals do in the field.
The week comprises the following elements:-
Asking companies to run a health week – target 50+ with 20 case studies
Raising awareness of the week through people using banners on their websites, email footers etc – target downloads 3000
Gaining some positive mass media coverage
Educating by having 300 people attend a Health Symposium on 18th June at Safety and Health Expo
They are also looking at running a ‘Women in Health and Safety’ Forum, at IOSH 18th June which we would like to position as part of Health and Safety Week – this has had lots of interest and we should easily achieve attendance of 90 (men and women).
Members Speaker Meeting Update
This is on Wednesday June 17th at ExCel, London during the IOSH Annual Conference & Expo 2015. There will be a Board Meeting at 2pm, followed at 4pm by the Members Speaker Meeting.
Our meeting will be limited to 60 max, and will be followed by a drinks reception; make sure you put the date in your diary!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS WISHING TO ATTEND OUR JUNE MEMBERS SPEAKER MEETING:
IOSH 2015 conference – Exclusive 10% discount
With more than 50 influential speakers and representatives from over 270 organisations already confirmed to attend, this year’s international event for senior safety and health professionals and forward-thinking business leaders is one not to be missed. Bring yourself up to speed with the latest industry updates and share leadership best practice with peers on 16-17 June at ExCeL London. Register for the IOSH conference, running alongside Safety & Health Expo at www.ioshconference.co.uk to save 10% on your booking click here (exclusive for COHPA Members)
COHPA 2015 Priorities
We have identified four key and immediate priorities which were unanimously agreed on the 18th February and are already being implemented:
1. Identify and appoint a clinical Board member – a request for nominations will be issued very soon
2. COHPA website to be refreshed and updated. Once this activity is completed, arrangements will be implemented to ensure it is always updated
3. Complete an external audit of the COHPA accounts
4. Procure an appropriate CRM system to securely and accurately maintain members contact details.
We recently asked members to complete a short survey to tell us what your priorities were for COHPA. Your top three requests were that COHPA provide you with information and knowledge sharing, promotion and business development opportunities and support with achieving standards (SEQOHS). We have listened to your feedback and our medium term priorities, three to six months, are to:
1. Issue a COHPA recommended Code of Conduct for all OH providers that will include recommended standards for the handling, storage and transfer of medical records. A Sub-committee led by Tom Grant has been established specifically for this project
2. Arrange our next networking/education event on the 17th June, at Excel during IOSH Expo 2015 during Health and Safety Week; Speaker details will be confirmed shortly
3. Repeat our AGM in September, again with multiple speakers invited to educate and inspire members
4. Look at ways to increase PSBs and business opportunities, possibly by COHPA subscribing on members behalf to tender websites – this is currently under investigation.
In the longer term, 12-18 months, we would like to build a succession plan for future Board members and ensure the continuity of COHPA, whilst ensuring all areas of the UKs OH and Wellbeing providers are equally represented.
Our aims are clear – we want to provide all members with value. Our new management team, Deb and Wendy, are here to support you. Please get in touch with them, provide them with your feedback, ideas and suggestions. We are all committed to COHPA – to ensure that it is recognised as the UK’s leading Association for networking, information sharing and securing business opportunities for all aspects Occupational Health and Wellbeing.